Report Guernsey Colour Ringed Gulls

Sightings of Guernsey colour ringed Gulls can be entered here for an instant life history, or sent to pkv@cwgsy.net for a life history to be returned by e-mail to observers.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Good outing to Chouet landfill beach

Before work this morning I went out on my first colour ring spotting trip since our very successful cannon netting session last week. It was fantastic! In little more than an hour I recorded 95 colour ringed guills - 64 Herring Gulls, 30 Lesser Black-backed Gulls and one Great Black-backed Gull. Keeping the Herring Gull databases going is going to be some task over the next few months as we record the newly ringed gulls for the first time. Thankfully my mother-in-law, Carole Kinnersly, has very kindly taken on this task for me! Thank you Carole - this is going to keep you very busy!

I am keen to record the Lesser Black-backed Gulls before they begin their southbound migrations in early August. The following photos are all LBBGs ringed last week at Chouet landfill.

Black 3.F2
Black 2.X7
Black 2.C9
Black 3.H2
Black 2.J3
Black 1.Z9


No comments:

Post a Comment