Report Guernsey Colour Ringed Gulls

Sightings of Guernsey colour ringed Gulls can be entered here for an instant life history, or sent to pkv@cwgsy.net for a life history to be returned by e-mail to observers.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Testing a Theory!

I was very pleased again today not to see any of my colour ringed Lesser Black-backed Gulls in Guernsey. I still believe that the entire breeding population leaves the Bailiwick of Guernsey at least over the period November-December. Three of my birds were still being seen along Guernsey’s west coast deep into October, but it is now almost two weeks since I have seen any of them. It is good fun testing my theory. I will of course post news on this site if any of my gulls prove me wrong this winter! A very quick look this morning revealed 16 Lesser Black-backed Gulls along the Island’s west coast – presumably all birds which have arrived from further north.
LBBG Black 2.C9 - one of the last "Guernsey" LBBGs to be seen this autumn - PKV



No comments:

Post a Comment