Report Guernsey Colour Ringed Gulls

Sightings of Guernsey colour ringed Gulls can be entered here for an instant life history, or sent to pkv@cwgsy.net for a life history to be returned by e-mail to observers.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Carried away with the camera!


Another ideal tide this morning at Chouet resulted in just over 100 ring readings of my Lesser Black-backed Gulls. Perhaps it could have been even more, but it was just such a lovely spring morning, with the birds going about their business on the beach at such close range that I ended up spending far more time than usual with my camera. It is always very nice to have a photographic record of my colour ringed birds.  I would guesstimate that around 75% of the breeding adult LBBGs have now returned to Guernsey (including Sark, Herm and Jethou). I just don’t have the time at the moment to work the exact figures out – it is more important at this time of year to really focus on the fieldwork!





























No comments:

Post a Comment