Report Guernsey Colour Ringed Gulls

Sightings of Guernsey colour ringed Gulls can be entered here for an instant life history, or sent to pkv@cwgsy.net for a life history to be returned by e-mail to observers.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Another Norwegian LBBG at Chouet

On a generally quieter morning than yesterday at Chouet, the highlight amongst the c 100 colour ringed LBBGs recorded was Blue J1CX. This gull was ringed as a chick on Rauna, Vest-Agder, Norway in July 2005, and had only been recorded once before today, at Namur, Belgium on 14 July 2007.









LBBG Blue J1CX at Chouet (c) PKV

2 comments:

  1. Great find, Paul. In awe at how many c-ringed birds you can manage to record in a day! Have any of the c-ringed LBBGs from NE Scotland project turned up down there yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Many thanks! Yes...I am very lucky at the moment. I'm sure Chouet Landfill acts as a super magnet for passing gulls. When the site closes I'll have to rely purely on the geographical position of the Islands...and I'm sure we will still see colour ringed gulls..but not in the numbers we currently enjoy!

    I am hoping to see cr birds from NE Scotland. I saw them in Portugal and Morocco last winter...but not yet here...but I think it is only a matter of time. I have seen metal-ringed birds from the Isle of May...so I'm sure birds from the area regularly pass through.

    Best Wishes

    Paul

    ReplyDelete