Report Guernsey Colour Ringed Gulls

Sightings of Guernsey colour ringed Gulls can be entered here for an instant life history, or sent to pkv@cwgsy.net for a life history to be returned by e-mail to observers.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Carried away with my camera at Chouet

I do not particularly enjoy bird photography. It is, however, a very useful tool with my gull colour ringing studies. Just occasionally conditions are such that I manage to get even closer than usual to the feeding gulls at Chouet. This morning was a good example...and although I maintained my focus on recording rings I did get a bit carried away with the camera.

Another Lesser Black-backed Gull back from wintering in southern Spain was the highlight this morning.

Chouet Landfill - PKV

Lesser Black-backed Gull (not hard to see why this is my favourite larid!) - PKV

Feeding Gulls - PKV

LBBG E5537 ringed as a chick by me on Sark on 30/06/1993 - PKV

LBBG E 5537 (I usually put the rings on the right way up!) - PKV

LBBG E 5537 - a very handsome gull! - PKV

LBBG 1.T2 Chouet landfill - PKV

LBBG 1.T2 when ringed in May 09 - Catherine Veron

LBBG White 1.T9 - PKV

LBBG White 3.T7 - PKV

LBBG White 5.Z3 - PKV

LBBG White 1.Z1 - PKV

No comments:

Post a Comment